Menu Click Down

WE MUST CLEAN OUT AND BLOCK OUT SOURCES FOR SINFUL THOUGHTS.

Home Forums News Decision WE MUST CLEAN OUT AND BLOCK OUT SOURCES FOR SINFUL THOUGHTS.

• Author
    admin
    admin
    Keymaster
    WE MUST CLEAN OUT AND BLOCK OUT SOURCES FOR SINFUL THOUGHTS.

We cannot have a pure thought life without first ridding ourselves of things which defile us. It would be like trying to clean yourself while you’re lying in a mud hole. The first step is to get out of the mud and get to a source of soap and water. If we allow things into our lives which promote sensuality, greed, sexual impurity, crude language, violence, hatred, love of self, or anything else not pleasing to God, we cannot grow in holiness.

I agree with Pastor Kent Hughes, who in his book, Disciplines of a Godly Man ([Crossway Books], p. 75) writes, “I am aware of the wise warnings against using words like ‘all,’ ‘every,’ and ‘always’ in what I say. Absolutizing one’s pronouncements is dangerous. But I’m going to do it anyway. Here it is: It is impossible for any Christian who spends the bulk of his evenings, month after month, week upon week, day in and day out watching the major TV networks or contemporary videos to have a Christian mind. This is always true of all Christians in every situation!” (emphasis his). Amen!

It needs to be said: You will not be a godly person if you do not control the TV, videos, movies, music, magazines, books, and even the radio programs you take in. If something is polluting you or tempting you, get rid of it and make plans to avoid it!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BIGTheme.net • Free Website Templates - Downlaod Full Themes
Select Category
TOP MENU